Put The Kettle On : Bluebird Tea

9.01.2017

Anyone who knows me, actually, you don't have to know me very well because I announce my love for tea that much that even the stranger I bumped into in the supermarket yesterday knows. Tea, tea, tea. I bloody love the stuff. It doesn't matter what day it is or what mood I'm in, I am always craving a cuppa. Up until last year, I'd been pretty boring with the type of tea I drank and I tended to stick to good ol' trusty English Breakfast tea. You can't go far wrong with that. I still love that, but I've started stepping out of my comfort zone and trying different types of teas and different flavours. I've been writing this post for about five minutes and already I'm starting to see how much of a middle aged woman I am. But please trust me when I tell you that I have discovered the most delicious tea. The brand is called 'Bluebirds' and I'm sure I'm the last to have discovered this place but the tea is THAT good that I'm dedicating a whole blog post to it (it didn't take much persuading but STILL). I discovered the brand a good few months ago but it was only last month that I placed my first order. I would have written a post straight away but I wanted to try everything properly and give you my honest opinion. Of course, I ordered far too much but I wanted to get a flavour of the types of teas I liked and didn't like. The parcel arrived and I'll hold my hands up and admit that I was wayyyy too excited about it. Without rambling on too much, I'm going to VERY briefly talk through some of my favourites and I bet there is at least one of you out there who is just as excited as I am about this...



Bonfire Toffee

This one is a black tea, you brew it for around 4 minutes and it's completely up to you if you want to add milk to it. As soon as I read the description for this tea, I was immediately intrigued as to what it would taste like. Any tea with a hint of apple is a winner in my eyes and this one was no exception. It's a rich mixture of caramel, apple and toasted cinnamon which to me is just Autumn in a mug. The smell instantly reminded me of mince pies, which of course, I was very happy about. It may be rich with flavour but at the same time it's not too overpowering and therefore is one of my favourites.

Peppermint Cream

I bloody love peppermint tea and I've always got some in the cupboard. Therefore, I couldn't wait to try this brew and I was curious about the 'cream' element in the title. It's an Oolong tea that you brew for around 3 minutes and again it's up to you whether you add milk or not. I personally don't add milk to this one just because it tastes quite creamy without due to the cocoa and naturally sweet blend. You can't go far wrong with this one, it really is gorgeous and perfect for all year round in my opinion.

Gingerbread Chai

This was the tea that I was most excited to try due to my love of winter spices and flavours. I'm a huge fan of Chai tea and this one is exceptionally delicious. This is a Roobios tea, brewed for a minimum of 4 minutes (I'll often leave the tea bag in while I'm drinking it) and you can add milk if you wish. As you can imagine, this one is packed with flavour and all things spice. With a hint of cinnamon, this one is perfect for the colder months. I had a sore throat last month and I found this brew to really help with that which was brilliant. It's not an award winning tea for nothing you know!

These are just 3 of the teas I ordered. If you click the link here it'll take you to the Bluebird website where you are free to browse through the many different types of tea and flavours that are available. I'm also completely obsessed with one of the free samples Bluebird kindly sent me which is called 'Spiced Pumpkin Pie.' It's not on their website yet so I'm assuming it won't be available to buy until Autumn but it's probably my favourite one that I've tried. If you love tea and you're keen on trying something new then I can't recommend Bluebirds enough. Not only is the tea absolutely delicious but the service and staff there are so friendly which makes such a difference.



Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this one. Please feel free to let me know what content you'd like to see during the upcoming months!

Lots of Love,
Meg X



Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Raindrops On Roses. Design by FCD.