The Year That I Embrace Change

2.01.2018

I've never come across a word that allows me to feel so much joy and pure terror at the same time. Change. It's something that everybody experiences and it could mean something pretty drastic or it could be the smallest of things. Everyone reacts differently to changes in their life and I'm one of those people who is one extreme or the other. By this I mean I either embrace the change and accept it or I'll have a complete and utter meltdown and it'll be the end of the world. I'm sure I'm not alone when I say that either but It's definitely a topic I'd love to talk about in the hope that I can reassure at least one person that you're not alone in this. 



Whether it's because I'm 18 years old or because I'm the most dramatic person you'll ever meet, everything that happens (regardless of how significant it may be) feels like such a huge deal. And it's normal to feel as though everything is getting on top of you and you'll somehow never be happy or successful in life (I told you I was dramatic). But we face change constantly. Change is all around us and it's something we very rarely have any control over which is quite frankly what terrifies me about it. I consider myself to be a spontaneous person but there are things that I like to plan and it's the uncertainty that is associated with change that makes me so fearful of it. 

This year I am starting University in Brighton which is a long way from home. I'm originally from North Wales which is where I'm currently living and despite my enthusiasm and excitement to move to Brighton, I am utterly terrified. And that's because of my endless list of 'what if's?' That's the scariest part about any form of change, no matter how big or small it may be. I'm so certain that I'm going to utterly adore living in Brighton as it's something I've wanted and looked forward to for a long time coming. But the question marks surrounding this huge change in my life are what makes this terrifying. 

I want 2018 to be the year that I fully embrace change and seize every single opportunity that comes my way, regardless of how scared I may be of the risks and consequences. Change is scary but I've recently learned that actually coming to the end of my life with loads of regrets is even more terrifying. I truly want to live a life that means making the most out of every single day and I don't want anything to hold me back this year from just saying yes and going for it. Of course this is so much easier said than done but I'm so eager and determined to give it my all. 

Like I said, I'm fairly good at embracing change. I'm a big believer that everything happens in this world for a reason and it is through change that I feel as though I'm learning and growing as an individual. I want to embrace changes this year and make the most out of every opportunity that comes my way. No matter how frightening these changes may be, I'm striving to enjoy every single moment and fingers crossed everything works out for the best. 

Thank you for reading this one, I'll be back again soon with another post.

Lots of Love, 
Meg X

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Raindrops On Roses. Design by FCD.