Pancake Lovin'

2.12.2018

Oooooh pancake day, how I love you. I haven't got the biggest sweet tooth but there is something about pancakes which I bloody love. Seriously, why can't this be a monthly thing as opposed to an annual?!?! You've guessed it, today I'm talking all things pancakes and my absolute favourite toppings because we've all had an endless debate over which toppings are the best, amirightttt?? 




I don't care what anyone says but pancakes are the absolute best and each year I love trying out new toppings and flavours. Yep, I take this day v v V seriously. I'm always disappointed that I wasn't born a month earlier so I could have the perfect excuse to have pancakes on my birthday but hey ho. 

Classic Lemon n Sugar

My absolute go to is the most basic but oh the MOST delicious and that's a good ol' squeeze of lemon and sprinkle of sugar. You literally cannot go wrong with this and yep it's basic but it's also the best so it's a win win for me. I'm not a huge fan of citrus flavours or scents but when it comes to baking of any kind I'm always looking for an excuse to throw lemon in there somewhere so you can understand why this is my fave topping. Yum yum yum.


All the berries 

If you'd have asked me when I was 10 years old what I wanted on my pancakes, this option would have been at the very bottom of my list. In fact, I'm pretty sure that I had a tantrum one year because we only had berries in the fridge to have on our pancakes. But I bloody love fruit, especially this time of year. And I always feel less guilty for throwing loads of colourful and delicious berries on my dessert instead of cream so again it's another win win, kind of. Blueberries and raspberries are my absolute faves but any kind of fruit is yummy, especially with a dollop of yogurt or even syrup. This one is definitely underrated so definitely give it a go!


Chocolate Overload

Like I mentioned earlier, I definitely don't have a sweet tooth and I always find most desserts or treats way too sickly but that's the beauty of pancakes. It's so fun and easy to mix and match different toppings and even adding a small amount of nutella can be sososo yummy and it goes so well with banana and strawberries. Plus, we only get pancake day once a year so why the heck not??? Go wildddd.

And there we have it. I hope you all enjoy pancake day and to those who don't enjoy them or take any notice of this day, I hope y'all have a wonderful day anyway. 

I'll see you Thursday with another blog post where I'll be talking all things Valentine's Day! Ooooo I can smell the cheese already...

Lots of Love,
Meg X



Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Raindrops On Roses. Design by FCD.