My Goals for 2018

1.20.2018

I actually find it so motivating to set New Years Resolutions which I never in a million years thought I'd say but here I am. It's only over the last two or three years that I've set myself goals for the year and actually made an effort to achieve them so I thought why not make some more for 2018, especially since it's going to be a pretty hectic year (gulps). Of course I'll definitely come up with some more as the year goes on but these are the ones that came to mind at the beginning of the year!




1. Move to Brighton
The fact that this is happening this year makes me want to scream with happiness and pure terror. For those who don't know 2018 is the year I finally start University to study English Language and Linguistics in Brighton and while I'm beyond excited to start this new chapter in my life, naturally I'm so nervous to move so far away from home. Therefore, I am making it my goal to make the most of the experience by exploring my new surroundings, getting involved and hopefully meeting some lovely people.

2. Be proud of my A Level results
It won't be long before my final A Level results day is here and I'm so motivated to do well this year. This is my third year in college due to choosing the wrong subjects in my first year and I'm finally thoroughly enjoying my courses. I genuinely love doing my assignments and studying (most of the time) because I love my subjects so I'm definitely making it a priority to do my best and get the results I deserve this time around. 

3. Visit Edinburgh
I have wanted to visit Edinburgh for soooooo long now. It's been on my bucket list since forever but this year will be the year I finally visit. I'm not too sure when it'll be yet, whether I'll go during the Easter holidays or wait until the Autumn but I'm already beyond excited to explore.

4. More Self Care
This one is quite vague but oh so important. By self care I mean drink more water, exercise more, take more time out to do my skincare, less social media and more reading etc. Just the little things that I need to do more of that will help improve my physical and mental health. No excuses, lets do this!

5. Get another tattoo
Ever since I got my first two tattoos last March I've wanted more. Nothing major but I've definitely got my eye on a couple of designs that I'd love to get at some point later on this year. 

6. Save don't spend
Moving to Brighton in September is definitely motivating me to start saving a lot more. I'm absolutely awful for spending on things I really don't need so it helps to have something in mind that I should be saving for. Hopefully this year I'll make wiser decisions and be a lot more sensible with money yikesssss.

7. Read more
I said this last year and as predicted I completely failed. I used to be such a bookworm oh my goodness, I'd read a book every single week but with technology, work and college taking over I'm definitely not reading as much as I would like to. I've made a long list of all the books I'd like to read this year so lets hope I can get back into it and fall in love with reading again.

8. Make my mental health a priority
This goes without saying but there are times where I'll priorise my work or I'll do something knowing full well it'll affect my mental health because of the fear that others will think less of me. This year I absolutely MUST think about my mental health and put that first above everything else. 

9. Be Happy
I know, I know. It's SO much easier said than done. But this year I want to do more of what makes me happy and not more of what I think I should be doing or what would make everyone else happy. You only live once and I want to start making that count for something. Life can be cruel at the best of times and so I'm striving to make this year the year that I say yes to more opportunities and adventures, regardless of what other people think of me. 

And there you have it. Just a few of my 2018 goals that I'd love to achieve within the next twelve months. I love reading blog posts about everyone's New Years resolutions so I thought it would be fun to write this and look back at it at the end of the year to see how I got on. Thank you for reading, I hope you're having a great weekend wherever you are.

Lots of Love,
Meg X

2 comments

  1. Great post. Good luck with the move to Brighton, I'm sure it will be awesome. Save not spend is what I'm trying to do too. Love the be happy and self care goals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much lovely, I shall keep you updated! X

      Delete

Latest Instagrams

© Raindrops On Roses. Design by FCD.