Half Term Shenanigans // Cardiff

2.24.2017

Considering how much I love writing my blog posts, it's been a long time since I last posted one! For that, I apologise and I wish you all the happiest of New Year's. I can't believe we're nearly in March already. It only feels like yesterday since I woke up on Christmas morning. Anyway, I haven't got a specific trip or story to share with you today, but I promised myself that I would write something (even if I should be finishing off my coursework, oops!) I'm going to try stick to a routine or a schedule so I'm updating my blog regularly. One of my New Year's Resolutions for this year is to be more consistent, whether that's with being happy, eating healthier or even the progress I make in College. So, I thought I'd write about what I've been up to this week since it's half term! As always, I've had loads of work to do but I've tried to let myself have a little break and I've even been on a couple of little trips which have made this week pretty exciting. 


Ever since I started my part time job back in November that has consumed every weekend since, I've been looking forward to February half term. I envy my younger self and all the weekends and school breaks I'd spend doing absolutely nothing. Only as I've grown up, I've come to realise that actually I prefer using my spare time to do something worthwhile. Of course, I still cherish the days where I can sit in my PJ's watching films or binge watching my favourite TV Shows with absolutely no regrets but I definitely prefer planning days out, even if it's just to leave the house and get some fresh air. 

Tuesday 21st February: Cardiff

So, with that in mind, last week I decided to book my train tickets to Cardiff to visit my beautiful friend Meg (one of my many amazing name twins!) All I had planned for half term was work, work and more work, so I wanted something to look forward to. I hadn't been to Cardiff for about 3 years and I don't think I'd ever visited the City Centre properly before so it was the perfect opportunity to plan a little trip. Getting to Cardiff was really easy since there was a direct train from my local station which only took a couple of hours to get there. Some people would say that it's too far to travel just for one day but I absolutely love train journey's and I've always been quite an independent traveler, ever since I visited London by myself in 2015. 



For lunch we decided to visit 'Crepeaffaire' which is such a cute place! I'd never been before but I trusted Meg's opinion and I had the tastiest Cinnamon Crêpe I've ever had. It was so lovely being inside such a beautiful place since the whether had been playing up all day (typical!) We decided to wander around the town and visit some of our favourite shops before heading to the National Museum which was brilliant (I'd never been there before either ) The whether seemed to get worse on our way back to the Centre so naturally we stopped for some coffee and cake in Costa!


The whole day was so enjoyable and I'm so happy that I got to see Meg again in such an amazing City. It's definitely made me want to visit Cardiff more often, which I really should considering it's so close to home. 





Wednesday 22nd February: Cinema Trip


I'm not going to ramble too much here but it's definitely worth a quick mention! My Nain, Sister and I decided to visit the Cinema to see the much loved and talked about 'Lion.' I won't spoil anything that happens but I can honestly say that this is the best film I have seen in a very long time. Anyone who knows me will know that my all time favourite film is 'The Imitation Game' and nothing has ever come close to replacing my love for that film. However after seeing 'Lion,' I'm not ashamed to say that this film is now my joint favourite alongside 'The Imitation Game.' Dev Patel and Sunny Pawar portray Saroo so beautifully. This film is beyond powerful and it's incredibly moving. I'm still speechless and I don't think I have ever cried so much watching a film before (which is a pretty bold statement for me to make because I cry over everything!) All I can say is please go and watch this film if you haven't already. It is without a doubt the most stunning, phenomenal and heartbreaking film that deserves every award under the sun. The reason I don't want to talk about it in a lot of depth right now is because I am planning a 'My Top 10 Favourite Films' blog post (coming soon...ish) and of course this film is going to be featured so keep your eyes peeled for that if it's something you think you'll enjoy reading. 







Friday 24th February: Chester


Every now and then my Nain and I love to go to Chester (a beautiful town that's about a 20 minute drive from where I live) and do a bit of shopping and go for lunch. With my Mum's birthday, my 18th birthday and Mother's Day all coming up, my Nain and I thought it would be a great time to go and have a little wander around the shops.



It was such a successful shopping trip! We spent most of our time in Laura Ashley because they have the most beautiful things in there at the moment. My sister had recommended having lunch in 'Coast to Coast' which is an American Restaurant and Bar. I'm SO glad that we decided to try it out because it was absolutely amazing! I recently turned pescatarian back in October and so I'm still discovering which kinds of food I like. The menu had plenty of choice and the food was very reasonably priced considering how brilliant the quality was. I ordered the 'Margarita pizza' and the 'Dirty Buffalo fries' to share and it was heaven.  The service was super quick and I'm already planning on going back soon. If you haven't been before and it sounds like your kind of thing, I highly recommend checking it out. Trust me, you won't regret it!





This post was a little different due to not having enough to write an individual post for Cardiff and Chester so I thought that I'd combine them and write a little post about what I've been up to during half term! I hope you enjoyed it and I hope you're all doing well.

Lots of Love,
Meg.







Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Raindrops On Roses. Design by FCD.